Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Ten books that have been on my TBR forever

(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)

The actual prompt for this week is books that have been on your TBR since before you started blogging, but considering that I've only been blogging for two years and have been hoarding books on my Goodreads TBR for six years, I thought I'd go back a little bit further than that.
So without further ado, these are the books that I really should have read by now... 

10) 'Flowers in the Attic' by V. C. Andrews
This is a classic, so I'm actually hoping to get around to this one before the end of the year using the #2016ClassicsChallenge as my excuse. 

9) 'When We Collide' A. L. Jackson
This new adult romance might have an unappealing cover, but the synopsis means I still feel inclined to pick it up. 

8) 'Anna Dressed in Blood' by Kendare Blake
I only managed to get hold of 'Anna Dressed in Blood' a couple of months ago, so I'm planning on reading this one sooner rather than later. I adore ghost stories. 

7) 'Alice in Zombieland' by Gena Showalter
I own the entire trilogy, so I have no excuse not to get around to this zombie-themed Alice retelling. 

6) 'Ten' by Gretchen McNeil
I added this to my TBR because it was the story I always tried to write: teenagers getting murdered on an island in the middle of nowhere. I'm still very interested in reading this one, so I think I need to get around to buying it. 

5) 'Vampire Kisses' by Ellen Schreiber
When I was obsessed with vampires, I thought the 'Vampire Kisses' series sounded amazing - now it sounds more than a bit cliched. 

4) 'Dark Secrets' by Elizabeth Chandler
One of my very close friends recommended I read 'Dark Secrets', so I bought it... Then I was way too lazy and didn't get around to it. I don't know if I'll bother reading this one earlier, because it's been four years since I added it to my TBR. 

3) 'The End of Alice' by A. M. Homes
I've never read a bad book with a butterfly on the cover, so I was attracted to this one purely because of that. 

2) 'Red Riding Hood' by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
One of the first young adult fairytale retellings in the recent uprising, I was interested in 'Red Riding Hood' when it was released, but I'm not so sure anymore. I did really enjoy the film adaptation, though. 

1) 'Passion' by Lauren Kate
...Yeah, this probably isn't going to happen. I'd need to reread the first two books, because I can't remember what happened in them at all, and I'm not too interested in angel books anymore. Maybe one day, though.

I hope you enjoyed this Top Ten Tuesday! Would you recommend I read any of these books, or have they also been waiting on your TBRs for years? 

1 comment:

  1. Anna Dressed in Blood was so cool! I hope you like it!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete