Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2016

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five books I'll never read

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

It's very difficult for me to say I'm NEVER going to read a book. I don't know if I'll change my mind, or if my reading tastes will shift, or if I'll pick up a book just to see what all of the fuss is about.
These are five books that I might read eventually, but I don't have any intention of picking them up any time soon.

5) 'The Second Sex' by Simone de Beauvoir
I know it's like the feminist text to read, but I just can't connect with the language. I'll work my way through it eventually, but I don't feel up to the task just yet.

4) 'Dead Until Dark' by Charlaine Harris
Image result for true blood dead until dark
The same goes for all of the True Blood books. I bought them all, never bothered to read them, and now don't have the slightest inclination to pick them up. Whoops!

3) 'Throne of Glass' by Sarah J. Maas
Image result for throne of glass maas
There's too many books in this series already, and knowing she's planning on churning out more and more... I just don't think I can be bothered to start this series. 

2) '50 Shades of Grey' by E. L. James
I bought the entire trilogy from a charity shop (yay, supporting good causes!) because I'm interested in reading it just to see what all the fuss is about. Some people saying it's amazing and subverts stereotypes, some people say it's filled with errors and plays into all of the stereotypical cliches. I'd like to make up my mind for myself, but I don't really have the time to waste on it. 

1) 'How To Be A Woman' by Caitlin Moran
 
I borrowed 'How To Be A Woman' from the library, read the first five pages and couldn't get any further. After scanning a few reviews on Goodreads I could see why I couldn't gel with it and that scared me off for good - it definitely doesn't seem like I'm going to agree with Caitlin's views.
I might give it another go eventually, or one of her other books, but for now I'm not interested.

I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! Are there any books you really don't want to read?

2 comments:

  1. My sister watched and LOVED True Blood, so she decided to pick up the books...She's not a fan. :\ My T5W! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second Sex---got thru it for a college paper. 50 Shades? No thanks. I have paint to watch dry--its preferable.

    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/top-5-books-i-will-never-read/

    ReplyDelete