Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Ten most recent TBR additions

(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)

If you've ever visited my blog before (if not, welcome!) you'll know that I buy an awful lot of books. As well as buying a lot of books, I'm constantly discovering more books that I want to read - they all get added on to my monstrous TBR pile.
These ten books are the last ten that I discovered and decided I absolutely most read. They're in chronological order from oldest to newest.

10) 'No One Needs To Know' by Amanda Grace
After reading 'The Truth About You and Me' a couple of weeks ago, I fell in love with Amanda Grace's writing style and promptly added all of her novels to my TBR. The one I'm most excited about is 'No One Needs To Know': the protagonist's brother gets a girlfriend, but she quickly falls in love with her. 

9) 'The True Meaning of Smekday' by Adam Rex
As you can tell by that little bubble in the top right corner, 'The True Meaning of Smekday' is the book that inspired 'Home'! I loved the film, which I watched over Christmas, so of course I'm planning to read the book. 

8) 'In Real Life' by Jessica Love
In real life doesn't publish until March (probably one of the reasons I can't find a high quality picture of the cover anywhere online...) but this contemporary tale about an online relationship sounds very adorable. 

7) 'Seven Black Diamonds' by Melissa Marr
I'm going to be honest, I haven't read any of Melissa Marr's books. But the cover of this one is so beautiful, and I've always been meaning to read her books... Maybe I'll start with this one, when it publishes in a few month's time.  

6) 'The Devil's Only Friend' by Dan Wells
Any book that has an anatomical heart on the front cover automatically gets my vote. I discovered 'The Devil's Only Friend' while perusing blogs that participated in last week's Top Ten Tuesday: I recognised Dan's name (he's the author of a YA dystopian trilogy) and I didn't realise he also wrote crime books, so that's another good reason for me to check it out. 

5) 'The Supernatural Enhancements' by Edgar Cantero
I also discovered 'The Supernatural Enhancements' through last week's Top Ten Tuesday: it's another book that looks like it will be right up my street. 

4) 'Wild Swans' by Jessica Spotswood
I love Jessica Spotswood's writing, so any book of hers is going to get added straight to my TBR. I've requested 'Wild Swans' on NetGalley, so I have all my fingers crossed that I'll get accepted for this one. 

3) 'Not If I See You First' by Eric Lindstrom
My request for 'Not If I See You First' was accepted on NetGalley last week, so I'm very much looking forward to diving into this book that follows a blind protagonist. I've read short stories based on blind characters, but never a full novel - I'm hoping I'll enjoy it, because I've heard some brilliant things.

2) 'Finding A Voice' by Kim Hood
This is a case of me having judged a book by its cover for a long time. I've seen 'Finding A Voice' around the library where I work, but I've never bothered looking at the blurb because the cover really bothered me. However, when I joined in with #SundayYA and it was a discussion regarding disabilities, 'Finding A Voice' was recommended to me and I'm now very excited about picking it up. 

1) 'I Never Promised You A Rose Garden' by Joanne Greenberg
Another book I discovered through #SundayYA, 'I Never Promised You A Rose Garden' tells the story of a teenage girl who suffers with schizophrenia. 

I hope you enjoyed this Top Ten Tuesday! What books have you discovered recently? 

4 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of Seven Black Diamonds before! I am totally adding that to my list :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really interested in reading the Dan Wells book. I am also adding Seven Black Diamonds to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does look fascinating. I can't wait to get hold of it myself!

      Delete