Pages

Friday 25 September 2015

FRIDAY PLAYLIST: Autumn edition

Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but I've had a lovely, lovely week - despite the terrible weather we've been having. American readers, I'm not sure if it's as bad for you, but here in England it's been pouring down with rain all week and has been very cold.
I always find that autumn is the time of year when I feel very sentimental and I'll start reminiscing on the year that's gone by - it might be because of the cold weather or the leaves dying on the trees, but it's a very sad time for me.

10) 'Fallen Leaves' by Billy Talent
Pretty self-explanatory.

9) 'Always Summer' by Yellowcard
"It's always summer in my heart and in my soul."

8) 'Almost Lover' by A Fine Frenzy
This song is so melancholy - perfect for nights towards the end of the year. 

7) 'Hurricane' by 30 Seconds To Mars
I know hurricanes happen all year, but they're destructive and cold - pretty much the epitome of autumn.

6) 'You're So Last Summer' by Taking Back Sunday
Even if last summer is three weeks ago. 

5) 'The Last Time' by Taylor Swift (ft. Gary Lightbody)
Yes, I had to include Taylor Swift. So many of her songs are autumnal - this is probably my favourite. 

4) 'August Is Over' by We The Kings
Another self-explanatory choice. 

3) 'Truce' by twenty one pilots
I can't listen to 'Truce' unless it's night time and it's cold, because I listened to it so much when walking home late. It's the quintessential autumn song for me. 

2) 'Fireworks' by You Me At Six
As well as being utterly heart-breaking, 'Fireworks' works because Bonfire Night falls towards the beginning of November, which is very rapidly approaching. 

1) 'Divorce and the American South' by Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties
Probably the most depressing song that I've ever heard - whenever I listen to it I always imagine Aaron on the phone to his ex-wife in the middle of the night, because when better to make a desperate phone call?

No comments:

Post a Comment